No products in the basket.
Natural Seaweed Baths
Our hand harvested seaweed will leave your skin feeling moisturised and silky smooth. This treatment will relax the muscles, soothe aches and joint pain, increase circulation and promote healing.
Benefits of Salt Seaweed:
The benefits of seaweed are abundant.
- It is rich in vitamins and minerals helping to nourish the skin and it’s natural anti-inflammatory properties can help soothe skin problems such as acne, rosacea, eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis. These anti-inflammatory properties also ease muscle and joint pain.
- Seaweed is a natural detoxifier. When applied to the body it draws excess fluid and waste products from the skin. It also acts as an exfoliator for dead skin cells and cleanses impurities on the skin and stimulates renewal of damaged skin.
- Seaweed is rich in vitamins A, B, C and D, all of which play a role in nourishing the skin. It enhances the skins ability to retain vital moisture and essential lipids and strengthens connective tissues including the hair, skin and nails.
- Seaweed also contains vitamin K, which has been associated with keeping the skin’s elasticity intact, helping reduce the appearance of wrinkles and can diminish dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Seaweed is also rich in iodine, which can help boost thyroid functions. The thyroid gland produces amino acids that absorb iodine and it also produces a metabolism-regulating chemical in the bloodstream.
Seaweed Bath (50mins) – £25
Start your experience in our steam cabinet for approximately 5-10 minutes to open your pores to aid absorption of the many minerals and vitamins of the seaweed then immerse yourself in a seaweed bath and relax while enjoying your choice of music and our North Coast views.
Alternatively, relax in our salt therapy room which, through use of a dry salt aerosol halogenator combined with natural salt covering the walls and floors, mimics the micro-climate of a natural salt cave helping to treat respiratory and skin conditions.
Benefits of Salt Therapy:
- Salt therapy is a natural therapy that can help manage the symptoms of respiratory and skin conditions reducing the occurrence of sneezing, wheezing, coughing and itchy/flaky skin.
- With it’s anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties the inhaled salt particles aid in reducing respiratory inflammation and bacteria growth, loosens and breaks up mucus to help expel it, and helps eliminate toxins and allergens. The non-inhaled salt particles land on the skin helping to balance pH, reduce inflammation and exfoliate.
- Salt therapy can be beneficial for those with respiratory conditions such as asthma, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis and hay fever/allergies as well as ex smokers. With every session your airways get cleared and cleansed and this process can happen on a deeper level each time. It can alleviate sneezing, coughing and shortness of breath, clear mucus and phlegm from the lungs, boost the immune system and improve lung function. Due to improvements in lung function it can even enhance sport performance for athletes.
Salt Therapy Room (45mins)
- 1 session – £20
- 2 weeks unlimited use – £60
- 4 weeks unlimited use – £100
Simply sit back and relax in our salt room and breathe naturally….
Sea Haven Therapy Guidelines:
- Please advise us of any health condition that you may have that could contra-indicate your treatment or if you are pregnant.
- As this is a place of relaxation we would ask clients to turn off mobile phones while using the facilities.
- If you must cancel an appointment, please give us 48 hours notice.
- Please note there is a cancellation fee of 50% if the cancellation is made less than 48 hours prior to booking and no shows will be charged 100% of the treatment/package.